In case of an emergency it is always good to be prepared. We obviously can’t anticipate everything, but it is good to have the essentials. The following is a list of supplies to have in your pet’s first aid kit.
- Your veterinarian’s contact info as well as the number to the nearest emergency veterinarian.
- The number for poison control. Animal Poison Control Center:
888-4ANI-HELP (888-426-4435) (there may be a fee for this call)
- Gauze – to wrap wounds or possibly for muzzling.
- Non-stick bandages or Towels – to control bleeding
- Digital Thermometer – to take your pet’s temperature. Must be taken rectally.
- Eye Dropper – to give oral treatments or flush wounds.
This and additional information on creating your pet’s first aid kit can be found on:
NEED A PET SITTER?
LOOK NO FURTHER!
I WALK DOGS & OFFER PET SITTING SERVICES!